Monday, September 24, 2007

Entry 2: Haters piss me off...

I am an American, but that doesn't mean I can't be ashamed of other Americans. As I browse the internet in search of something to enlighten me, I am practically forced to look upon some of the most vulgar and disrespectful shit I have ever seen. A lot of it isn't even directed at me! It's directed at certain groups in which I have friends: homosexuals, African-Americans, Hispanics, non-Christians, people with mental and/or physical disabilities, women, etc. It fucking pisses me off!

What pisses me off most is the bashing of homosexuals and the disabled. My brother has autism, and people pick on him because he can't talk right. So what? He'll memorize more than most of you stupid motherfuckers! Leave him the fuck alone! He's a sweet kid, and without him my life would never be as good as it is right now. As for other people with disabilities, they can't help it. They were born that way! Don't make it any harder on them than it already is! Other than whatever defect they may have, they are normal people just like you and me. Treat them like it!

On another note, about 60% of my friends are lesbians, bisexuals, or homosexual men. I respect them because, like me, they are human beings. They are kind to me, they've never posed any threat, and most of them have proven themselves better friends than most of my straight ones! I don't give a shit if they like their own gender over the opposite! That's their choice, and it shouldn't be anybody's business but theirs. They should be to proud to be who they are, and not have to fear getting bashed for no real reason; for unfounded hate and irrational fear.

Hate is poison. Don't aim it towards anyone. Hell, don't even let it form! You will just wind up hurting yourself and others. Learn to let people in, despite how different they are. Look for the similarities rather than the differences. If someone has hurt you, don't hold a grudge. Learn to forgive, because forgiveness is the best closure that I have ever come to know in the pains in my life. It helps you move on, and it helps you to become a better person.

Thank you.

No comments: